Am I Eligible for Project Rebound?
Project Rebound at Cal Poly Pomona welcomes inquiries from anyone who has been previously incarcerated and is interested in obtaining a university education and degree. Below you will find our admissions requirements. However, for prospective students who don't yet meet the academic requirements for admission to Cal Poly Pomona, Project Rebound's motto is: "We don't say 'no', we say 'not yet," and we advise and mentor those students on what they can do to become eligible.
To be eligible, individuals must:
- be formerly incarcerated or have prior criminal justice system involvement; on or off parole or probation
- be living or paroling to greater Los Angeles metropolitan area (Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino counties)
- possess the ability and commitment to perform college level work
- be motivated to succeed and benefit from a college education
- maintain satisfactory progress and complete at least 6 units each semester
- submit an admission application
- submit a financial aid application
For first-time freshmen:
- High School Transcripts/GED
- ACT or SAT scores
For transfer students:
- 56-60 units of college credit
- College transcripts
- Satisfactory completion of the "Golden Four"